EXECUTIVE KEYNOTE/INDUSTRY WHITEPAPER REVIEW
(2003) Contract BOOTCAMP For Master Plumbers
In conjunction with the Master Plumbers Association (MPA)
Three new interactive workshops for medium to large commercial plumbers.
+ Private Application Sessions
Drill 1 – Mastering the conditions in your contracts
Wednesday 2nd June (12pm – 6pm)
CPD Activity Code: F3BS6YBM CPD Points: 14
Drill 1 focuses on reducing the time it takes for your staff
to review each of the difference sections of your contract.
- the general conditions of contract
- the special conditions of contract
- the technical specification
- bills and schedules
- construction programs
- referenced codes of practice and laws
Drill 2 – Effective tendering & contract management
Wednesday 9th June (12pm – 6pm)
CPD Activity Code: PE1OPKLJ CPD Points: 14
Drill 2 is all about cutting down the time it takes your staff to manage tenders and contracts. Participants will learn how to:
- find clients and work (pre-registering, pre-qualifying and direct offers)
- win the work (contract review, costing, bidding and tendering)
- deliver what they promised they would (contract administration)
- determine who is going to do the subcontracted work and how much for (subcontracting)
- ensure they get what they asked for (subcontract administration)
- resolve disputes with their clients and contractors (dispute resolution)
Drill 3 – Taming the commercial conditions in your contracts
Wednesday 16th June (12pm – 6pm)
CPD Activity Code: 4NT64AY0 CPD Points: 14
Drill 3 focuses on reducing the time it takes your staff to manage contentious contract conditions such as:
- defective materials and work
- site latent conditions
- insurance of the works, the contractor’s employees and the public
- extension of time (EOT)
- practical completion, defects liability period and final completion
- liquidated damages
- progress and payment claims
- performance security and payment retention
As well as many other important commercial conditions.
It also shows the participants the suite of General Conditions
of contract available from:
- Standards Australia International (SAI)
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects (RAIA)
- Master Builders Australia (MBA)
- Property Council of Australia (PCA) (previously known as the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)) and
- Housing Industry Association (HIA)
These workshops will do two things. The first is to save you
time and money now. And the second is to set a solid foundation
for future work. As a result of these Workshops, your staff will be
able to better:
- select the appropriate contracting, tendering and dispute resolution practices for your situation
- identify non-standard contractual requirements and practices and raise appropriate management alarms
- select appropriate contract conditions for their contracts
- ensure that clients, contractors and subcontractors comply with their contracts
- make sound business decisions
- negotiate contract conditions to your favour
- develop realistic achievable schedules, programs and costings
- develop agendas and checklists for contract meetings
- identify potential risks and determine what actions should be taken to minimise these risks
- manage tasks and responsibilities you delegate to them; and understand the consequences of their actions, and lack of action
Those who will benefit
These Drills are specifically designed for those involved in design, building, construction, supply, installation and maintenance contracts. Past participant who have found the workshop beneficial include:
- business owners
- contract managers and administrators
- cost and time estimators
- purchasing officers, accounts clerks
- architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, surveyors, trades people
- supervisors, superintendents and inspectors
- quality assurance, OH&S and environmental specialists
- trade apprentices, university graduates
- Advanced LP Gasfitter
- Air Conditioning
- Bricklayer & Stonemason
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Dry Plasterer
- Floor Layer
- Kit Supplier
- LP Gasfitter
- Mechanical Services
- Metal Fabrication
- Minor Maintenance/Cleaning
- Minor Trade Work
- Painter & Decorator
- Structural Landscaping
- Swimming Pool Builder
- Swimming Pool Repairs and Service
- Wall and Floor Tiler
- Wet Plasterer
Private Application Sessions
Each Drill comes with a two hour on-the-job application session option where participants put into practice what they have learnt at work.
The sessions will focus on real life contracts they have with their clients, contractors, suppliers and consultants.
Participants are encouraged to invite their colleagues to these sessions to share the learning and application.
New type of workshop design
This is a new type of workshop design. It has been built as a result of survey of 400 successful industry practitioners over three years – non of which were academics.
Basically we asked them ‘what they actually did to ensure success. Not what the courts, laws, standards or contracts said they had to do. But what they actually did do, and what they did know.’
Consequently, this is not your normal contract training program. You will not get the typical legal guidance on what makes a contract, nor any information on the structure of the court system.
We pretty much guarantee that you won’t get this type of information anywhere else.
The Workshops have been designed to take your staff on a journey from simple conversational English that is used on the shop floor to the nitty gritty of the standards, codes and laws. We have found this journey dramatically enhances the participants learning.
See the Bigger Picture
Most of the training in the construction industry focuses on one or two particular points or standards, such as contracts, quality or safety – often with little explanation of how they relate to other issues. Contract BOOTCAMP is unique, in that it puts over 100 industry standards into perspective.
Most of the information is presented pictorially instead of the standard slab of text mentality. This makes the learning much faster and much more thorough.
Opportunities For You Today:
The feedback from this Industry Whitepaper (IWP) and Executive Keynote (EKN) was that it was so well received that it’s highlights have now be wrapped into the high speed tactics, tools, templates, triggers and tricks included in the new Business DNA Super Profit Secret Shortcuts.
For a full length FREE Seminar Online that exposes these super profit secrets, just bash on the big orange button.
And just think, once you know my Business DNA Super Profit Secret Shortcuts,
once I’ve stepped you through this proven process, you WILL
be feeling great about this is you will know how to tap into the super profits when and as you wish.
Founder Nate #!*?
The Rogue C-Suite Engineer